The Cell C Day Of Races powered by Reebok will introduce Johannesburg and Cape Town to a new and exciting format of road running on Sunday, 28 August 2016 and Sunday, 11 September 2016 respectively.
“The concept of 5km racing is long overdue in South Africa,” says Michael Meyer, Managing Director of Stillwater Sports. “A 5km event is accessible to runners and walkers of all capabilities. It is short enough for everyone to complete, but can be made slightly more challenging should a runner attempt to run a personal best time. The focus is on fitness, fun, friends and fitting in. Runners and walkers are encouraged to be social. To add to the excitement, we are giving entrants the opportunity to choose their start wave. The theme of the event is ‘find your fit’ and runners will certainly be able to find the start wave which suits them best.”
|Johannesburg||Sunday, 28 August 2016||Roosevelt High School Sports Grounds|
|Cape Town||Sunday, 11 September 2016||Green Point Athletics Stadium|
There are five exciting start waves to choose from:
- Pretty Fit: This is a “women’s only” wave. It’s about getting the girls together to celebrate life, health and fitness.
- Pace Makers (50 years+): This wave is for those athletes who set the pace in their heyday.
- Sole Mates (Pairs): We all have that one person who we can’t be separated from. It can be your best friend, your brother or even your mother.
- Young, Fast & Free (u/18 years): You run on adrenaline and youth. Life can’t slow you down.
- Anything Goes (Open): If you don’t like to be put into a box, then this is the wave for you. Young, old, fast or not so fast, anything goes.
- Elite Race: Invited Athletes Only
Charity Support: The Cell C Day Of Races powered by Reebok supports the Unogwaja Charitable Trust. The charity’s vision can be broadly described under “education” but at its core is the willingness to support, enable and empower those people in our country who have not given up hope and who are already doing their best to make it better for themselves and the people around them, regardless of their circumstances.
Like our Facebook page: Unogwaja Challenge / Day Of Races
Follow us on Twitter: @theunogwaja / @DayOfRaces