Cell C Day of Races powered by Reebok
Race Rules – Johannesburg and Cape Town events
- The Cell C Day of Races powered by Reebok is in accordance with the rules of ASA and Western Province Athletics
- The Cell C day of Races powered by Reebok is open to all licenced and non-licenced runners.
- Official event race numbers to be worn on the front of the top.
- Personal seconding is not permitted. Private vehicles are requested to not follow the athletes on the route.
- No swopping of race numbers or timing chips as these are linked to your names and finishing time. Penalty if caught is disqualification.
- Minimum age for participation is 9 years of age on race day.
- All traffic officers and marshals must be obeyed.
- The race organisers reserve the right to accept or reject any entry.
- Kilometre markers will be placed at each kilometre mark.
- There will be a minimum of one refreshment station.
- Results will be available on www.dayofraces.com
- Toilets will be available.
- No ambush marking will be tolerated.
- Baby Joggers and Prams are welcomed. No forms of motorised transports are allowed (skate-boards, roller blades etc).
- No bicycles are permitted on route, apart from the lead cyclists and officials.
- Wheelchair participants are encouraged to take part, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm race day access and starting procedure.
- For safety reasons the use of personal music players with headphones during the race is
- Runners are urged to minimised litter and use litter boxes provided.
General Promotion and Giveaway Rules
Our promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or any other social media platform. You are providing your information to The Day of Races Event organisers and not to Facebook or any other social media platform. Any information you provide will only be used for competition entries and winner announcements.
- This is an online competition open to RSA residents only.
- The winner of the prize will be randomly selected.
- The R1200 Reebok voucher competition closes on Thursday, 25 August 2016 at 23:59, and will be announced on Friday, 26 Aug.
- The prize will be sent via courier service to the winners’ address.
- The prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- The organiser’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If you win a prize, you hereby agree to the publishing or distribution of your name on the Day of Races website, social media, magazine and other media releases.
- The Day of Races event will not disclose any of the participants’ personal information to third parties without the participants’ permission.
- By participating in this competition, you authorize The Day of Races and Stilwater Sports to use your personal information to communicate with you from time to time. You may indicate if you do not wish to receive such communications from The Day of Races and Stilwater Sports.
Terms and Conditions of the Cell C Day of Races Social Media Competition
1.1 It is important that you understand and agree to these terms and conditions in order for you to participate in this Cell C Day of Races Social Media Competition (the “Competition”).1.2 All standard terms and conditions of Cell C (Pty) Limited and Cell C Service Provider Company (Pty) Limited apply to this Competition.1.3 This Competition is organised by Stillwater Sports and Cell C (Pty) Limited, registration number 1999/007722/07 (“Cell C”). Prizes are sponsored by Cell C.
1.4 This Competition is open to all persons who are over the age of 18 years and who are participants in the Cell C Day of Races events in Johannesburg (Roosevelt High Sports Grounds) on 28 August 2016 or in Cape Town (Green Point Athletics Stadium) on 11 September 2016.
1.5 Directors, members, partners, employees or agents of or consultants to Cell C, or their sponsorship agency, or spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associates of such persons are not eligible to enter the Competition and cannot win prizes.
1.6 The Competition will run on 28 August 2016 and on 11 September 2016 (“the Competition period”).
1.7 You understand that all information (including these terms and conditions) relating to this Competition published on any promotional or advertising material or on our website at any time before or during the incentive period will form part of the terms and conditions of entry. Cell C also has the right to withdraw this Competition before the final draw.
2.1 The prizes that can be won in this Competition are as follows:
2.1.1 6 x Cell C Extreme Smartphones (3 per day)
2.2 Each prize is valued at R2499.00 with the total value of the prizes amounting to R14 994.00.
2.3 You understand that no prize may be exchanged for cash. Cell C and/or Stillwater Sports reserve the right to substitute, change or exchange any prize with another prize of similar commercial value without notice, in their sole discretion. You will not have a claim against Cell C or Stillwater Sports, in this event.
2.4 It is important that you understand that all participants (and winners) of the Competition indemnify Cell C and Stillwater Sports, its directors, affiliates, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and sponsors against any loss or damages, either direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from its participation in this Competition.
2.5 The prizes as advertised in any point of sale or electronic marketing communication are merely for illustrative purposes and may differ at the time of prize giving. Every effort will be made to ensure that the model is of a similar feature and based on availability at the time of dispatch from the manufacturer, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- How to enter and awarding of prizes:
3.1 To participate in this Competition, you must:
3.1.1 Be over the age of 18 years and be in possession of a valid South African ID book or passport;
3.1.2 Post a selfie taken at the race on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using #CellCDayofRaces to enter.
3.2 Once you have met all the conditions set out in paragraph 3.1 above, you will automatically be entered into the Competition.
3.2.1 The prizes will be drawn during the prize-giving on the day of the races. The winner will be announced at a the prize-giving and the winner needs to be present in order to claim his/her prize.
3.3 Cell C and/or [Stillwater Sports have the right at any time before the final draw to change the dates or places of the draws (or both). You will not have a claim against Cell C or Stillwater Sports in this event.
3.4 Any prize that is not claimed for whatever reason will be forfeited.
- If you are a winner:
4.1 You will be called during the prize-giving on the race day. You agree that should you not be present during the prize-giving, you will forfeit the prize, and shall have no claim against Cell C or Stillwater Sports in this event. Cell C and/or Stillwater Sports thereafter reserve the right to award the prize to an alternate winner selected in a subsequent draw.4.2 If you cannot meet all the Competition conditions to Cell C’s satisfaction, you agree that will not be entitled to the prize and the prize will once again be placed into a separate draw. You will have no claim against Cell C or Stillwater Sports if this happens.4.3 All risks and ownership of the prizes shall pass to winners upon transfer or collection, as well as Cell C’s and Stillwater Sports obligations in regard to this Competition
4.4 The judges’ decision is final. Stillwater Sports confirms that it will ensure that a chartered accountant, registered auditor, admitted attorney or commissioner of oaths conducts the Competition draw.
4.5 Cell C reserves the right to verify, by whatever means necessary, your eligibility to participate in this Competition.
4.6 If you are winner, Cell C may ask you if we can publish your name and photograph at no cost to you, for any advertising, promotional, print, point of sale or public relations material for a period of 12 (twelve) months from the end of the competition period. You are entitled to say no to this request.
4.7 Cell C cannot be held liable for the interception or loss of your personal information while transmitted, stored or processed across the internet, including social media sites and assumes no liability for any such interception or loss.
4.8 Cell C cannot be held liable for the interception or loss of your personal information while transmitted, stored or processed across the internet, including social media sites and assumes no liability for any such interception or loss.
4.9 It is important that you understand that all participants and winners indemnify Cell C and Stillwater Sports, its directors, affiliates, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and sponsors against any loss or damages, either direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from its participation in this competition. Prior to awarding the prize, Cell C may require you to sign such an indemnity.
4.10 Cell C and/or Stillwater Sports may amend, modify or otherwise change these terms and conditions in its sole and absolute discretion on notice to you and the amended version will be displayed in the same media as these terms and conditions. By participating or continuing to participate in the Competition, you agree and understand that you will be bound by the amended terms and conditions.